Easy Vegan Banana Bread!
PREP: 15 MINS
COOK: 35 MINS
EASY SERVES 8 – 10
Heres a tasty treat to keep you on your feet!
All you need is:
3 large black bananas
75g vegetable oil or sunflower oil (weight), plus extra for greasing
100g brown sugar
225g plain flour (or use self-raising flour and reduce the baking powder to 2 heaped tsp)
3 heaped tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
50g dried fruit or nuts (optional)
Here’s our special method:
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Mash 3 large black peeled bananas with a fork, then mix well with 75g vegetable or sunflower oil and 100g brown sugar.
- Add 225g plain flour, 3 heaped tsp baking powder and 3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice, and mix well. Add 50g dried fruit or nuts, if you decide to use them.
- Bake in a greased, lined 2lb bread/loaf baking tin for 20 minutes. Check and cover with foil if the cake is browning.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until a skewer or bread knife comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a little before slicing!