Quick and easy lemon garlic chicken can be made in the skillet and is ready in less than 30 minutes for a weeknight meal.
PREP TIME: 10 Mins
COOKING TIME: 15 Minutes
2 Table Spoons of Butter
1 ½ teaspoons of ground black pepper
1 Chicken Breast – boneless
2 tablespoons of garlic
1 ½ teaspoons salt
25g of sweetcorn
30g of herbs salad
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; place in the melted butter. Cook chicken, flipping frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon garlic powder over chicken; flip and sprinkle 1 tablespoon garlic powder on second side. Cook each side for 2 minutes.
- Pour lemon juice over each side of chicken and cook until no longer pink in the centre, 5 to 10 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Place the sweetcorn, and herbs alongside the chicken, which should be drizzled with the lemon.
- Take out your rice, and boil this in a pan. You should be sure that your pan has pre-heated boiling water. Cook the rice until it’s soft.
- Serve on a plate, with your chicken, rice and sweetcorn, and garnish with your herb leaf’s alongside.